Abra offers a 5-year guarantee/right of complaint on all its products. Read more about our warranty conditions below.
Abra Product Warranty
1. Scope of the Warranty
These warranty conditions apply between Fell Connect AS, org. no. 824 441 472, Nedre Storgt. 46, 3015 DRAMMEN (hereafter "Abra") on the one hand, and the consumer on the other.
The warranty applies to the Abra products and accessories discussed at www.abralife.no.
The warranty is intended to give the consumer extended protection in relation to the general consumer legislation
provisions. The warranty does not replace ordinary insurance schemes, such as water damage insurance,
contents insurance and the like.
2. Conditions for the warranty's validity
For the warranty to apply, the consumer must be able to document or otherwise prove that
the following conditions are met:
- The product must have been purchased through one of Abra's authorized dealers no later than five years before the date a warranty claim arises.
- The product must have been installed and tested by an authorized installer before the system was put into use.
- If the Product has been connected to the house's alarm system or equivalent electronic systems, it must have been installed by an authorized electrical installer.
- The product must have been installed and tested by the installer in accordance with Abra's
- During the warranty period, the product must have been used, tested and maintained by the consumer in accordance with Abra's user guides.
- The product must only have been fitted with original Abra parts.
3. The scope of the warranty
Abra guarantees that the Product will function for its purpose and without malfunctions or other types of defects in materials and software from the time of purchase and for five years thereafter.
During the warranty period, Abra covers the costs of repairing the product in question, possibly installing a new and equivalent product if the product in question cannot be repaired at the cost.
Abra's products are also covered by general liability and warranty insurance, limited to NOK
200,000 per case of personal and/or property damage.
4. Limitations on warranty liability
Abra is not responsible for malfunctions or other defects in the Product, that have their cause in other than the product's construction and execution, including, among other things, failure of the customer's own alarm system, mechanical damage etc.
Abra is not responsible for the replacement and/or repair of the Product as well as any compensation for other direct financial loss arising as a result of breach of warranty.
Abra's liability thus does not include consequential loss, or other forms of indirect loss.
The consumer is also responsible for seeking to limit a potential or actual extent of damage as far as this is possible. To the extent that the consumer neglects such limitation of damage, Abra's liability for damages may be reduced or waived entirely.
5. Warranty claims and complaints
Abra must receive notification as soon as possible if defects in the Product may lead to warranty claims and/or claims for compensation, for example in case of risk of water damage. Abra shall have the right to choose whether Abra's own personnel or other authorized professional personnel shall be dispatched to the installation site, as well as to decide how the warranty claim can be met.
If Abra does not respond within a reasonable time to the consumer's inquiry, the consumer has the right to contact an authorized plumber directly.
6. The consumer's liability for damages
The consumer can be made liable for expenses, costs and other losses incurred by Abra in the follow-up of the consumer's wrongful guarantee claim, including but not limited to own resource use, expenses and costs of an authorized plumber or other qualified professional personnel, travel expenses etc.
7. Disputes or disagreements
In the event of disputes or other disagreements regarding the validity, interpretation or enforcement of this product warranty, Norwegian law shall apply. Disputes that cannot be resolved through amicable negotiations between the consumer and Abra shall be resolved by the ordinary Norwegian courts, unless mandatory legislation determines that another venue shall apply.