From the association dropdown in the top left corner, the super admin can click “Create New” to create a new association.
In the “Create New Association”-popup the only required field is the “Association Name”
After clicking “Create Building Association” the user is taken to the new association.
- Not possible to delete Association
- Only Abra Customer Support can create new associations. This would normally be done when a new customer is acquired. After this step, the super admin can continue to set up the association, or they can invite a “regular” admin (board member of association) to continue setting up the association
To invite an admin, which has admin access to a single association you go to Users → invited users and click the “invite users” button
After creating a new association the user can start creating buildings.
This can be done by either selecting “Buildings” in the left menu and then clicking “Add building” in the top right corner, or by clicking “Register building” in the “Quick Access” block in the dashboard.
When creating a building, the building title and the address related fields are required in the first popup page.
In the second popup page all fields are required except uploading an image.
- Not possible to delete buildings
- Both super admins and “regular” admins can create new buildings.
- Address information is required in order to propagate the building address to homes and common areas inside that building.
- The number of floors is required as that is displayed in the building card.
Homes are create by either using an excel spreadsheet to quickly create many homes or adding them one by one. Note that homes that already are created by end users or installers using the Abralife app needs to be imported using Retool or the “Claim Home” functionality in the portal
Claim home in portal
Sometimes an installer has setup a home for an end user but the end user has not claimed the home yet. For these scenarios we can use the main admin user in the portal and claim the home to the housing association first.
Homes can be created in bulk from the portal by following simple steps. Go to buildings-> homes → add home
Once created the residents can be invited next.
- Do not exit or refresh pages when homes are created, wait until the process is done.
- After creating at least one building the user can start adding homes.
- Main admin needs to be used when creating new homes.
Import homes & residents
Residents are invited to homes or if using the excel import you create homes and invite residents at the same time. The resident will then get an SMS with a link to the Abra app. After signing up the resident may accept the home invitation, after doing so the resident will be displayed in the Abra Web Portal.
Residents are invited to homes by clicking “Invite” on the home and providing necessary information
- A limitation is that an admin can’t invite a resident that has the same email as the admin is logged in with.
Using Excel Import
If the user wants to upload several homes with or without residents at once, this can be done by importing an excel sheet.
Clicking the “import homes & residents” button starts this flow. The user is directed to download the template.
In excel, the user can enter the information.
If the user only inputs home numbers, these homes will be created. If the user also wants to invite residents to these homes the user has to enter home number, first name, last name, phone number, and email.
If the user enters for example a home number and an email they will get an error because not enough information about the resident has been entered.
After uploading the excel sheet the user has to select a building for these homes, they will then see a preview of the new homes.
After clicking “save homes” the homes will be created and potential invitations will be sent by SMS.
- As mentioned in general guidelines, use the main admin user when creating homes and inviting residents
- It is possible to create homes with residents and without residents in the same excel sheet.
- The home numbers has to follow Norwegian home number convention
Finn bruksenhetsnummer (bolignummer)
After creating at least one home the user can start to connect hubs.
This can either be done by clicking the “Connect hub” on a home’s row in the homes list or common area list,
or by clicking the “Connect hub” button on the device page.
After connecting a hub the home list will show the hub and water status, and the connected devices will be displayed in the device page
For now, the user can only connect by serial number
To enable alarm station for a home, the user has to have an active subscription on his Abra user. This is as mentioned earlier achieved when the user buys subscription products in Odoo. Also it is impotrant to set this order on the main admin in the housing association and being logged in as this user in the portal when enabling and configuring alarm station on homes and other alarm station settings
Set default alarm station contact
When there is a fire alarm in a housing association home which has alarm station enabled then alarm station will contact the resident first and then also later notify the default alarm station contact in the housing assocation in addition. This default contact is therefore added as an alarm station contact for every home with lowest priority.
For common areas there are no residents and in this case the alarm station will only contact the default alarm station contact.
The default contact is set by going to Alarm Station page in the main menu
Wait on the page until the default contact has been propagated to all homes, do not leave the page!
Enable alarm station for a home
Alarm station has to be explicitly enabled for every home, so that the housing association can manage how many homes are enabled at any moment and choose which homes should have it. This is to give flexibility in scenarios where its not wanted to have alarm station for all apartments
Alarm station is enabled per home on the Homes page by toggling the alarm station toggle for every home
Resident has to have phone number saved in his account in order to enable the alarm station. This is handled by the portal if the user has missing phone number
The default contact needs to be set
The dashboard gives the admin aggregated status of the entire association. Here, one can see the status of all devices connected to homes or common areas in the association. Such as missing connections, alarms, errors etc. One can also see historical notifications. These notifications are shown from the last 5 days,
Meaning the admins can see previous alarm events (alarm activated, snoozed, cleared) up to 5 days.
The dashboard also has a quick access block, for one-click access to important features (create building, invite resident, create home, and connect hub)
The device page shows all the devices connected to homes in the association.
Here, the admin can see the status of hubs, water leak systems, fire devices and burglar devices.
The admin can also connect new hubs by clicking “Connect hub” in the top right corner.
Device and alarm statuses will be displayed in the “Status” colum.
More detailed information about the device can be found by clicking the information button .
- As of now, the admins can’t perform any action on the devices other than connecting new hubs. The device page is only meant for displaying device and alarm statuses.
- Disconnecting hubs from homes is done from the homes page, by editing the specific home and then deleting the hub. This will also disconnect devices connected to that home.
The homes page displays all homes in the association, and can be filtered by building.
Admins can also filter the homes page by searching for home number, building, resident name.
If the home has been connected to a hub, one can see the aggregated status of the hub and water leak system in the “Hub” and “Water” columns.
One can edit a home by clicking the edit button for that specific home. One can then delete the home, remove the resident, and/or disconnect the hub.
The common areas page currently has the same functionality as the homes page.
But when creating a new common area one can name it using nicknames.
For instance, one could create a common area called “Entrance, first floor”.
One can also connect hubs to the common area, and invite a resident.
For now, only a single resident can be invited to a common area from the portal at a time. However, this will be increased in the future.
- The user page displays all the users affiliated with the association.
- One will see the users' contact information (if provided), and which home(s) they belong to (if resident).
- The user page also displays the admins and service providers of the association.
- The user page is where one can invite new admins. The “regular” admins invited from this page will only have access to the specific association they were invited from.
- User information can be edited by clicking the edit button for the specific user. Then, one can edit user information (name, email, phone number), and delete the user.
- All “regular” admins (not super admins) will, if they have provided their phone number during or after registration, receive an SMS in case of critical alerts. That is, when there is a water or fire alarm in the association.
The invited users page shows a list of pending admin invitations that have been sent from the portal.
In the settings page, admins can edit the association details: Company name, organization number, company address, postal number, city, country.
In the profile page, the admin can upload a profile picture to ease recognition, update their personal details, and set the portal’s language (Norwegian/English).
On the profile page there is also a tab for changing your password.